A not so foreign affair [electronic resource] : fascism, sexuality, and the cultural rhetoric of democracy / Andrea Slane.
- Durham : Duke University Press, 2001.
- e-Duke books scholarly collection.
1 online resource (382 p.)
- National socialism in motion pictures.
National socialism and motion pictures.
Motion pictures -- Political aspects.
- Electronic books.
- An examination of how the aesthetics of Nazi Germany have been deployed to help define the place of sexuality in U.S. political and popular culture.
- 1. The Democratic Family: Nazi Nationalist Melodrama: Science, Myth, and Paternal Authority in Die Goldene Stadt. American Nationalist Melodrama: Tales of Hitler's Children. "Family Values" and Naziana in Contemporary Right-Wing Media. 2. The Democratic Psyche. Nazism, Psychology, and the Making of Democratic Subjects. The American Nazi: Cold War Social Problem Films and National Psychobiography. Skinheads, Militiamen, and the Legacies of Failed Masculinity. 3. Democratic Sex. The Iconology of the Sexy Nazi Woman: Marlene Dietrich as Political Palimpsest. Sexualized Nazis and Contemporary Popular Political Culture.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -358) and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 12. Dez 2020)
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9780822380849 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|