Women build the welfare state [electronic resource] : performing charity and creating rights in Argentina, 1880-1955 / Donna J. Guy.
- Durham : Duke University Press, 2009.
- e-Duke books scholarly collection.
1 online resource (266 p.)
- Women in charitable work -- Argentina.
Women philanthropists -- Argentina.
Feminists -- Argentina.
Welfare state -- Argentina.
Women -- Political activity -- Argentina.
- Electronic books.
- An historical account of the significant roles of feminists and female philanthropists in the emergence of the Argentine welfare state between 1880 and 1955.
Female philanthropy and feminism before the welfare state: family law, and the politics of names
Benevolence and female volunteerism
Performing child welfare : philanthropy and feminism from the damas to Eva Perón
Juvenile delinquency, patriarchy, and female philanthropy
The depression and the rise of the welfare state
At the crossroads of change : Peronism, the welfare state, and the decline of non-Peronist female authority.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|