South Koreans in the debt crisis [electronic resource] : the creation of a neoliberal welfare society / Jesook Song.
- Durham : Duke University Press, 2009.
e-Duke books scholarly collection.
Asia-pacific : culture, politics, and society
1 online resource (230 p.)
- Financial crises -- Korea (South).
Welfare state -- Korea (South).
Public welfare -- Korea (South).
Neoliberalism -- Korea (South).
Korea (South) -- Economic conditions -- 1988-.
Korea (South) -- Economic policy -- 1988-.
- Electronic books.
- Examines the rise of neoliberal social welfare policy in South Korea during the period of the Asian Debt Crisis, the ultimate consequences of which include the reinforcing of traditional gender roles.
- The emergence of the neoliberal welfare state in South Korea
The Seoul train station square and the house of freedom
"Family breakdown" and invisible homeless women
Assumptions and images of homeless women's needs
Youth as neoliberal subjects of welfare and labor
The dilemma of progressive intellectuals
Coda : the pursuit of well-being.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 25. Nov 2020)
- Chow, Rey, editor., Editor,
Harootunian, Harry, editor., Editor,
Miyoshi, Masao, editor., Editor,
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9780822390824 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|