W stands for women [electronic resource] : how the George W. Bush presidency shaped a new politics of gender / edited by Michaele L. Ferguson and Lori Jo Marso.
- Durham : Duke University Press, 2007.
- e-Duke books scholarly collection.
1 online resource (301 p.)
- Women -- Government policy -- United States.
Women's rights -- United States.
War on Terrorism, 2001 -- -Social aspects.
United States -- Politics and government -- 2001-.
Bush, George W. (George Walker), 1946-.
- Electronic books.
- Essays that examine the Bush adminstration's deployment of feminist rhetoric and the effects of the administration's policies on women, feminism, and gender roles in the U.S.
- Introduction: feminism, gender, and security in the Bush presidency / Michaele L. Ferguson and Lori J. Marso. Pt. I. Compassionate patriarchy. The allure of authoritarianism: Bush administration ideology and the reconsolidation of patriarchy / R. Claire Snyder
The politics of compassion in the age of AIDS / Karen Zivi. Pt. II. Bush's masculinities. Straight eye for the straight guy / David S. Gutterman and Danielle Regan
W's masculine pseudo-democracy: brothers-in-arms, suicide bombers, and the culture of life / Andrew Feffer. Pt. III. Gendered war logics at home and abroad. The logic of masculine protection: reflections on the current security states / Iris Marion Young
Gender trouble at Abu Ghraib? / Timothy Kaufman-Osborn
Feminists versus feminization: confronting the war logics of the George W. Bush administration / Mary Hawkesworth. Pt. IV. Feminist responses. Feminism and security rhetoric in the post-September 11 Bush administration / Michaele L. Ferguson
Feminism and the complications of freeing the women of Afghanistan and Iraq / Lori J. Marso.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 25. Nov 2020)
- Ferguson, Michaele L., 1973-
Marso, Lori Jo.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9780822390657 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|