Shakespeare and cultural exchange [electronic resource] / edited by Stanley Wells.
- Cambridge, England : Cambridge University Press, 1995.
- Shakespeare survey (Cambridge, England) ; 48.
Shakespeare survey ; 48
1 online resource (x, 300 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Influence.
Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Criticism and interpretation.
Culture in literature.
- Electronic books.
- Shakespeare Survey is a yearbook of Shakespeare studies and production. Since 1948 Survey has published the best international scholarship in English and many of its essays have become classics of Shakespeare criticism. Each volume is devoted to a theme, or play, or group of plays; each also contains a section of reviews of the previous year's textual and critical studies and of major British performances. The books are illustrated with a variety of Shakespearean images and production photographs. The current editor of Survey is Peter Holland. The first eighteen volumes were edited by Allardyce Nicoll, numbers 19-33 by Kenneth Muir and numbers 34-52 by Stanley Wells. The virtues of accessible scholarship and a keen interest in performance, from Shakespeare's time to our own, have characterised the journal from the start. For the first time, numbers 1-50 are being reissued in paperback, available separately and as a set.
- Shakespeare translation as cultural exchange / by Inga-Stina Ewbank
Shakespeare, theatre production, and cultural politics / by John Russell Brown
'Amphitheaters in the body' : playing with hands on the Shakespearian stage / by Michael Neill
'Shakespur and the Jewbill' / by James Shapiro
Wilhelm S and Shylock / by Laurence Lerner
Pilgrims of grace : Henry IV historicized / by Tom McAlindon
Holy War in Henry V / by Steven Marx
Hamlet and the anxiety of modern Japan / by Yasunari Takahashi
Hamlet's last words / by Tom Matheson
Venetian culture and the politics of Othello / by Mark Matheson
'My music for nothing' : musical negotiations in The tempest / by Pierre Iselin
The tempest and cultural exchange / by Jean-Marie Maguin
Caliban and Ariel write back / by Jonathan Bate
Shakespearian rates of exchange in Czechoslovakia 1945-1989 / by Zdēnĕk Str̆íbrný
'Are you a party in this business?' : consolidation and subversion in East German Shakespeare productions / by Maik Hamberger
The martyred knights of Georgian Shakespeariana / by Nico Kiasashvili
Shakespeare performances in England, 1993-1994 / by Peter Holland
Professional Shakespeare productions in the British Isles, January-December 1993 / compiled by Niky Rathbone
The year's contributions to Shakespeare studies.
- Bibliographic Level Mode of Issuance: Monograph
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Wells, Stanley, 1930- editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|