Shakespeare then till now [electronic resource] / edited by Allardyce Nicoll.
- Cambridge, England : Cambridge University Press, 1965.
- Shakespeare survey (Cambridge, England) ; 18.
Shakespeare survey ; 18
1 online resource (x, 204 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Dramatic production.
Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Stege history.
Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Electronic books.
- Shakespeare Survey is a yearbook of Shakespeare studies and production. Since 1948 Survey has published the best international scholarship in English and many of its essays have become classics of Shakespeare criticism. Each volume is devoted to a theme, or play, or group of plays; each also contains a section of reviews of the previous year's textual and critical studies and of major British performances. The books are illustrated with a variety of Shakespearean images and production photographs. The current editor of Survey is Peter Holland. The first eighteen volumes were edited by Allardyce Nicoll, numbers 19-33 by Kenneth Muir and numbers 34-52 by Stanley Wells. The virtues of accessible scholarship and a keen interest in performance, from Shakespeare's time to our own, have characterised the journal from the start. For the first time, numbers 1-50 are being reissued in paperback, available separately and as a set.
- Chiding the plays : then till now / Charles R. Crow
'The great variety of readers' / Arthur Brown
Shakespeare's text-then, now and tomorrow / Charlton Hinman
Hamlet then till now / Harold Jenkins
Shakespeare's imagery-then and now / Kenneth Muir
The study and practice of Shakespeare production / John Russell Brown
Shakespeare on the screen / Laurence Kitchin
Shakespeare in the opera house / Winton Dean
Some Shakesperian music, 1660-1900 / D.S. Hoffman
Shakespeare in America : a survey to 1900 / Robert Falk
Shakespeare productions in the United Kingdom : 1962-4
Three kind of Shakespeare : 1964 productions at London, Stratford-upon-Avon and Edinburgh / John Russell Brown.
- Bibliographic Level Mode of Issuance: Monograph
- Nicoll, Allardyce, 1894-1976, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|