Hamlet [electronic resource] / edited by Allardyce Nicoll.
- Cambridge, England : Cambridge University Press, 1956.
- Shakespeare survey (Cambridge, England) ; 9.
Shakespeare survey ; 9
1 online resource (viii, 167 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. Hamlet.
Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Criticism and interpretation.
Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Stage history.
- Electronic books.
- Shakespeare Survey is a yearbook of Shakespeare studies and production. Since 1948 Survey has published the best international scholarship in English and many of its essays have become classics of Shakespeare criticism. Each volume is devoted to a theme, or play, or group of plays; each also contains a section of reviews of the previous year's textual and critical studies and of major British performances. The books are illustrated with a variety of Shakespearean images and production photographs. The current editor of Survey is Peter Holland. The first eighteen volumes were edited by Allardyce Nicoll, numbers 19-33 by Kenneth Muir and numbers 34-52 by Stanley Wells. The virtues of accessible scholarship and a keen interest in performance, from Shakespeare's time to our own, have characterised the journal from the start. For the first time, numbers 1-50 are being reissued in paperback, available separately and as a set.
- Studies in Hamlet / by Clifford Leech
English Hamlets of the twentieth century / by E. Martin Browne
The date of Hamlet / by E.A.J. Honigmann
Hamlet and the court of Elsinore / by R.A. Foakes
Hamlet's 'sullied' or 'solid' flesh : a bibliographical case-history / by Fredson Bowers
Hamlet at the Globe / by George F. Reynolds
Hamlet costumes from Garrick to Gielgud / by D.A. Russell
Hamlet at the Comédie Franc̜aise : 1769-1896 / by Paul Benchettrit
The new way with Shakespeare's texts : an introduction for lay readers. III. In sight of Shakespeare's manuscripts / by J. Dover Wilson
Shakespeare in the Bibliotheca Bodmeriana / by Georges A. Bonnard
An unpublished contemporary setting of a Shakespeare song / by John P. Cutts
Garrick's Stratford Jubilee : reactions in France and Germany / by Martha Winburn England
Shakespeare and Bohemia / by Otakar Vočadlo
Shakespeare productions in the United Kingdom : 1954
The tragic curve : a review of two productions of Macbeth / by Richard David.
- Bibliographic Level Mode of Issuance: Monograph
- Nicoll, Allardyce, 1894-1976, editor.
Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|