Molecular and Cellular Biomechanics [electronic resource].
- Hoboken : Pan Stanford, 2015.
1 online resource (228 p.)
- Medical subjects:
Cell Physiological Phenomena
- Electronic books.
- This book bridges the gap between life sciences and physical sciences by providing several perspectives on cellular and molecular mechanics on a fundamental level. It begins with a general introduction to the scales and terms that are used in the field of cellular and molecular biomechanics and then moves from the molecular scale to the tissue scale. It discusses various tissues or cellular systems through the chapters written by prominent engineers and physicists working in various fields of biomechanics. ""Big picture"" items, such as the number of atoms in cells and the number of cells in a
- Cover; Dedication; Contents; Acknowledgments; Preface; Chapter 1: Introduction; Chapter 2: Mechanics of Single Molecules and Single Proteins; Chapter 3: Nucleus Mechanics; Chapter 4: Nanoscale Imaging and Modeling; Chapter 5: Cell-Substrate Interactions; Chapter 6: Axonal Transport and Neuromechanics; Chapter 7: Implications for Disease: Valvular Fibrosis and the Myofibroblast; References
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Layton, Bradley E Contributor
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|