The encyclopedia of alcoholism and alcohol abuse [electronic resource] / Mark S. Gold and Christine Adamec.
- New York : Facts On File, c2010.
- Facts on File library of health and living.
Facts on File library of health and living
1 online resource (409 p.)
- Alcoholism -- Encyclopedias.
Alcoholism -- United States -- Encyclopedias.
- Electronic books.
- Alcoholism afflicts individuals of all social groups and age levels, although young adults have the greatest risk for addiction to alcohol. According to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health, more than 51 percent of Americans-more than 125 million people over 12 years of age-reported being current drinkers in 2007. That same year, an estimated 1.3 million people received treatment for the use of alcohol, and another 1.4 million received treatment for using both alcohol and illegal drugs, while roughly 19.3 million others who needed treatment did not receive it. The Encyclopedia of Alcohol
- Cover; Contents; Foreword; Acknowledgments; Introduction: A History of Alcohol Abuse and Dependence; Entries A-Z; Appendixes; Bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Adamec, Christine A., 1949-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|