Advances in applied microbiology. Volume 67 [electronic resource] / edited by Allen I. Laskin, Sima Sariaslani, Geoffrey M. Gadd.
- Amsterdam : Elsevier, 2009.
- Advances in applied microbiology ; 67
1 online resource (350 p.)
- Electronic books.
- Published since 1959, Advances in Applied Microbiology continues to be one of the most widely read and authoritative review sources in microbiology. The series contains comprehensive reviews of the most current research in applied microbiology. Recent areas covered include bacterial diversity in the human gut, protozoan grazing of freshwater biofilms, metals in yeast fermentation processes and the interpretation of host-pathogen dialogue through microarrays. Eclectic volumes are supplemented by thematic volumes on various topics, including Archaea and sick building syndrome. Im
- Front Cover; Applied Microbiology; Copyright Page; Content; Contributors; Chapter 1: Phage Evolution and Ecology; I. Introduction; II. Bacteriophage Types; III. Phage Ecology; A. Phage organismal and population ecology; IV. Phage Evolutionary Biology; B. Fitness and natural selection; D. Genetic drift; V. Phage Evolutionary Ecology; VI. Phage Genome Evolution; Chapter 2: Nucleoid-Associated Proteins and Bacterial Physiology; I. Introduction; VIII. RpoS as a Regulatory Target of NAPs; IX. Perspective; Chapter 3: Biodegradation of Pharmaceutical and Personal Care Products; I. Introduction
IV. Biological Transformation of PPCPs During Wastewater TreatmentV. Biological Transformation of PPCPs in The Environment; B. Ibuprofen degradation by Sphingomonas sp. strain Ibu-2; References; Chapter 4: Bioremediation of Cyanotoxins; I. Introduction; C. Anatoxin-a; References; Chapter 5: Virulence in Cryptococcus Species; A. C. neoformans; B. C. gattii; D. Cryptococcosis; B. Melanin; A. cAMP-PKA; B. MAP kinase pathway; B. Immunocompetent host; C. Conclusion; Chapter 6: Molecular Networks in the Fungal Pathogen Candida albicans; I. Introduction; III. Carbon Dioxide Sensing
A. Farnesol exerts its effects through cAMP signaling cascadesB. Tup1p is involved in quorum sensing in C. albicans; Acknowledgments; References; Chapter 7: Temperature Sensors of Eubacteria; I. Introduction; II. Thermosensors; A. Nucleoid modulators; III. Responses to Sudden Changes in the Growth Temperature; B. RNA as thermosensor; C. Proteins as thermosensor; A. RNA as thermosensor; B. Proteins as sensor; Acknowledgment; Chapter 8: Deciphering Bacterial Flagellar Gene Regulatory Networks in the Genomic Era; II. Master Regulators; B. CtrA; D. sigma54-dependent master regulators
E. Other master regulatorsIII. RpoN (sigma54) Regulators; C. FlgR; D. FleT; A. SigD and other systems; V. Conclusions; Chapter 9: Genetic Tools to Study Gene Expression During Bacterial Pathogen Infection; I. Introduction; A. Selection by selection for complementation of auxotrophy in Salmonella; Acknowledgment; References; Index; Contents of Previous Volumes; Color Plate Section
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Laskin, Allen I., 1928-
Gadd, Geoffrey M.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|