International review of cytology. Volume 254, A survey of cell biology / edited by Kwang W. Jeon.
- Amsterdam : Elsevier, c2006.
- International review of cytology ; v. 254.
International review of cytology ; v. 254
1 online resource (317 p.)
- Electronic books.
- International Review of Cytology presents current advances and comprehensive reviews in cell biology-both plant and animal. Articles address structure and control of gene expression, nucleocytoplasmic interactions, control of cell development and differentiation, and cell transformation and growth. Authored by some of the foremost scientists in the field, each volume provides up-to-date information and directions for future research.
- Cover; Copyright Page; Dedication; Table of Contents; Contributors; Chapter 1: Biology of Langerhans Cells and Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis; I. Introduction; II. Properties of Langerhans Cells (LC); III. Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis Cell (LCH Cell); IV. Cytokine and Chemokine Networks; V. Bystander Cells; VI. Conclusions; References; Chapter 2: Unusual Axonemes of Hexapod Spermatozoa; I. Introduction; II. Structure of Axonemes; III. Functional and Biochemical Characterization of Aberrant Axonemes; IV. Axoneme Variations and Evolution in Different Taxa; V. Perspectives; Acknowledgments
ReferencesChapter 3: Hsp70 Chaperone as a Survival Factor in Cell Pathology; I. Introduction; II. Heat Shock Proteins, Their Inducers, and Classification; III. Stress Proteins Are Molecular Chaperones; IV. Cellular Function of Hsp70 Class Proteins; V. Function of Cellular Chaperones in Neurodegenerative Diseases; VI. Conclusions; Acknowledgments; References; Further Reading; Chapter 4: Cell Biology of Mitochondrial Dynamics; I. Introduction; II. The Dynamics of Mitochondrial Morphology; III. The Origins of Mitochondria; IV. Molecular Components of Division and Fusion
V. Mitochondrial Division and ApoptosisVI. Concluding Remarks; References; Chapter 5: A Two Decade Contribution of Molecular Cell Biology to the Centennial of Alzheimer's Disease: Are We Progressing Toward Therapy?; I. Alzheimer's Disease: A 100-Year History; II. APP, Victim or Culprit?; III. Biology of APP Sheddases; IV. Complex-ity of gamma-Secretase; V. Possible Contribution of Cell Biology to Therapy; Acknowledgments; References; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Jeon, Kwang W.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|