International review of cell and molecular biology. Volume two eighty six [electronic resource] / edited by Kwant W. Jeon.
- 1st ed.
- Amsterdam : Elsevier, 2011.
- International review of cell and molecular biology
1 online resource (315 p.)
- Electronic books.
- International Review of Cell and Molecular Biology presents current advances and comprehensive reviews in cell biology--both plant and animal. Articles address structure and control of gene expression, nucleocytoplasmic interactions, control of cell development and differentiation, and cell transformation and growth. Impact factor for 2008: 4.935. * Authored by some of the foremost scientists in the field * Provides up-to-date information and directions for future research * Valuable reference material for advanced undergraduates, graduate students and professional sc
- Front Cover; International Review of Cell and Molecular Biology; Copyright Page; Contents; Contributors; Chapter 1: MicroRNAs in Drosophila Development; 1. Introduction; 2. Biogenesis of miRNAs; 3. Regulation of miRNA Biogenesis; 4. Mechanism of miRNA Action; 5. Identification of Drosophila miRNAs; 6. Identification of miRNA Targets; 7. Functions of miRNAs in Drosophila; 8. Concluding Remarks; Acknowledgment; References; Chapter 2: New Insights into the Mechanism of Development of Arabidopsis Root Hairs and Trichomes; 1. Introduction; 2. Development of Root Hairs; 3. Development of Trichomes
4. Concluding RemarksAcknowledgments; References; Chapter 3: Metastasis Suppressor Genes: At theInterface Between the Environmentand Tumor Cell Growth; 1. Introduction; 2. Genetic Regulation of Metastasis; 3. Functionally Validated Metastasis Suppressor Genes; 4. Conclusions and Perspectives; Acknowledgments; References; Chapter 4: Dynamic Behavior of Double-Membrane-Bounded Organelles in Plant Cells; 1. Introduction; 2. Nuclear Positioning in Plant Cells; 3. Dynamic Behavior of Plant Mitochondria; 4. Overview of Recent Investigation on Plastids-Cytoskeleton Interactions; 5. Perspectives
AcknowledgmentsReferences; Chapter 5: The Biology of the Desmosome-Like Junction: A Versatile Anchoring Junction and Signal Transducer in the Seminiferous Epithelium; 1. Introduction; 2. Structure, Function, and Regulation of Conventional Desmosomes; 3. Desmosome-Like Junctions in the Seminiferous Epithelium; 4. Junction Complexes in the Seminiferous Epithelium; 5. Junctional Interplay at the BTB: Tight Junctions, Ectoplasmic Specializations, Desmosome-Like and Gap Junctions; 6. Concluding Remarks; Acknowledgments; References
Chapter 6: Abl Family of Tyrosine Kinases and Microbial Pathogenesis1. Introduction; 2. Functional Role of Abl Kinases in Bacterial Infections; 3. Functional Role of Abl Kinases in Viral Pathogenesis; 4. Role of Abl Kinases in Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies; 5.Concluding Remarks; References; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Jeon, Kwang W.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|