International review of cytology [electronic resource] : a survey of cell biology. Volume 214 / edited by Kwang W. Jeon.
- New York : Academic Press, 2002.
- International review of cytology ; v. 214.
International review of cytology ; v. 214
1 online resource (291 p.)
- Electronic books.
- International Review of Cytology presents current advances and comprehensive reviews in cell biology--both plant and animal. Articles in this volume address topics such as transcription factors in cardiogenesis, neuroactive steroid mechanisms, tetraspan vesicle proteins, the cytoskeleton in the cell cycle of higher plant cells, sexual dimorphism in the central nervous system of marsupials, and the effect of TNF receptors and Fas on signaling, gene activation, and cell death. Authored by some of the foremost scientists in the field, each volume provides up-to-date information and directi
- Front Cover; International Review of Cytology: A Survey of Cell Biology; Copyright Page; Contents; Contributors; Chapter 1. Transcription Factors in Cardiogenesis: The Combinations That Unlock the Mysteries of the Heart; I. Introduction; II. Cell Specification and Differentiation and Morphogenesis of the Cardiac Lineage; III. Transcription Factors in the Developing Heart; IV. Combinatorial Interactions of Cardiac-Expressed Transcription Factors; V. Concluding Remarks; References
Chapter 2. Neuroactive Steroid Mechanisms and GABA Type A Receptor Subunit Assembly in Hypothalamic and Extrahypothalamic RegionsI. Introduction; II. Influence of Sex Steroids on Adult Central Nervous System; III. Relevance of the Recombinant GABA Type A Receptor as a Target of Steroidal Activity; IV. Excitatory Neuroactive Steroids; V. Evolutionary Perspectives; VI. Concluding Remarks; References; Chapter 3. Tetraspan Vesicle Membrane Proteins: Synthesis, Subcellular Localization, and Functional Properties; I. Introduction
II. Diversity and Conservation of Polypeptide Features and Gene OrganizationIII. Synthesis, Localization, and Function; IV. Concluding Remarks; References; Chapter 4. Dynamic Changes and the Role of the Cytoskeleton during the Cell Cycle in Higher Plant Cells; I. Introduction; II. Dynamic Changes of Cytoskeletal Structures during Cell Cycle Progression; III. Events at Distinct Transition Points during the Cell Cycle; IV. Time Sequence Observations of the Cytoskeleton in Living Plant Cells; V. Modes of Control of Cell Shape by the Plant Cytoskeleton; VI. Concluding Remarks; References
Chapter 5. Sexual Dimorphism in the Central Nervous System of MarsupialsI. Introduction; II. Structural Dimorphism in the CNS; III. Gonadal Steroids; IV. Factors Involved in Brain Sexual Differentiation; V. Sex Differences in the CNS Affecting Reproductive Behavior; VI. Concluding Remarks; References; Chapter 6. Signaling to Gene Activation and Cell Death by Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptors and Fas; I. Introduction; II. TNF Receptors, Fas, and Associated Proteins; III. Gene Activation in Response to TNF; IV. Cell Death; V. Concluding Remarks; References; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Jeon, Kwang W.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|