Principles of social psychology [electronic resource] .
- Minneapolis, MN : University of Minnesota Libraries Publishing, 2015-
- Minneapolis : Open Textbook Library.
- Open Textbook Library.
Open textbook library.
1 online resource : chiefly colour illustrations.
- Social psychology.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- "Have you ever had trouble teaching the various topics of social psychology and fitting them together to form a coherent field? Unnamed Author felt like he was presenting a laundry list of ideas, research studies, and phenomena, rather than an integrated set of principles and knowledge. He wondered how his students could be expected to remember and understand the many phenomena that social psychologists study? How could they tell what was most important? It was then that he realized a fresh approach to a Social Psychology textbook was needed to structure and integrate student learning; thus, Principles of Social Psychology was born. This textbook is based on a critical thinking approach, and its aim is to get students thinking actively and conceptually - with a greater focus on the forest than the trees. Yes, there are right and wrong answers, but the answers are not the only thing. What is perhaps even more important is how students get to the answers - the thinking process itself. To help students better grasp the big picture of social psychology, and to provide you with a theme that you can use to organize your lectures, Unnamed Author's text has a consistent pedagogy across the chapters. The presentation is organized around two underlying principles that are essential to social psychology: Person and Situation (the classic treatment) and The ABCs of social psychology (Affect, Behavior, and Cognition). ..."--Open Textbook Library.
- Introducing Social Psychology
Social Learning and Social Cognition
Attitudes, Behavior, and Persuasion
Influencing and Conforming
- Author removed at request of original publisher. This edition adapted from a work originally produced in 2010 by a publisher who has requested that it not receive attribution.
Includes bibliographical references.
This bibliographic record is available under the Creative Commons CC0 "No Rights Reserved" license.
Description based on online version, 2015 edition; Title from PDF (viewed on July 26, 2016)
- Open Textbook Library, distributor.
- Access Restriction:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access star
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|