University physics. Volume 3 [electronic resource] / Samuel J. Ling, Jeff Sanny, Bill Moebs.
- Houston, Texas : OpenStax College, Rice University, 2016-
- Minneapolis : Open Textbook Library.
- Open Textbook Library.
Open textbook library.
1 online resource : colour illustrations.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- "University Physics is a three-volume collection that meets the scope and sequence requirements for two- and three-semester calculus-based physics courses. Volume 1 covers mechanics, sound, oscillations, and waves. Volume 2 covers thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, and Volume 3 covers optics and modern physics. This textbook emphasizes connections between theory and application, making physics concepts interesting and accessible to students while maintaining the mathematical rigor inherent in the subject. Frequent, strong examples focus on how to approach a problem, how to work with the equations, and how to check and generalize the result."--Open Textbook Library.
- Unit 1: Optics. Chapter 1: The Nature of Light
Chapter 2: Geometric Optics and Image Formation
Chapter 3: Interference
Chapter 4: Diffraction
Unit 2: Modern Physics. Chapter 5: Relativity
Chapter 6: Photons and Matter Waves
Chapter 7: Quantum Mechanics
Chapter 8: Atomic Structure
Chapter 9: Condensed Matter Physics
Chapter 10: Nuclear Physics
Chapter 11: Particle Physics and Cosmology.
- Includes index.
This bibliographic record is available under the Creative Commons CC0 "No Rights Reserved" license.
Description based on online version Revision UP3-2016-000(09/16)-BW; Title from PDF (viewed on October 28, 2016)
- Sanny, Jeff, 1952-
Open Textbook Library, distributor.
- Access Restriction:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access star
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|