International law and international relations [electronic resource] / edited by Beth A. Simmons and Richard H. Steinberg.
- [Cambridge, England ; New York] : Cambridge University Press, c2006.
- International organization books.
International Organizations books
1 online resource (777 p.)
- International law.
- Electronic books.
- This 2007 volume is intended to help readers understand the relationship between international law and international relations (IL/IR). As a testament to this dynamic area of inquiry, new research on IL/IR is now being published in a growing list of traditional law reviews and disciplinary journals. The excerpted articles in this volume, all of which were first published in International Organization, represent some of the most important research since serious social science scholarship began in this area more than twenty five years ago. They are important milestones toward making IL/IR a central concern of scholarly research in international affairs. The contributions cover some of the main topics of international affairs to provide readers with a range of theoretical perspectives, concepts, and heuristics that can be used to analyze the relationship between international law and international relations.
- Structural causes and regime consequences : regimes as intervening variables (1982) / Stephen D. Krasner
The demand for international regimes (1982) / Robert O. Keohane
Democratic states and commitments in international relations (1996) / Kurt Taylor Gaubatz
On compliance (1993) / Abram Chayes and Antonia Handler Chayes
Is the good news about compliance good news about cooperation? (1996) / George Downs, David M. Rocke, and Peter Barsoom
The concept of legalization (2000) / Kenneth Abbot ... [et al.]
Legalized dispute resolution : interstate and transnational (2000) / Robert Keohane, Andrew Moravcsik, and Anne-Marie Slaughter
Legalization, trade liberalization, and domestic politics : a cautionary note (2000) / Judith Goldstein and Lisa L. Martin
Alternatives to "legalization" : richer views of law and politics (2001) / Martha Finnemore and Stephen J. Toope
Quasi-states, dual regimes, and neoclassical theory : international jurisprudence and the third world (1987) / Robert H. Jackson
Which norms matter? revisiting the "failure" of internationalism (1997) / Jeffrey W. Legro
The territorial integrity norm : international boundaries and the use of force (2001) / Mark Zacher
Why are some international agreements informal? (1991) / Charles Lipson
The politics of dispute settlement design : explaining legalism in regional trade pacts (2000) / James McCall Smith
Loosening the ties that bind : a learning model of agreement flexibility (2001) / Barbara Koremenos
Driving with the rearview mirror : on the rational science of institutional design (2001) / Alexander Wendt
The dynamics of international law : the interaction of normative and operating systems (2003) / Paul F. Diehl, Charlotte Ku, and Daniel Zamora
Europe before the court : a political theory of legal integration (1993) / Anne-Marie Slaughter [Burley] and Walter Mattli
The European Court of Justice, national governments, and legal integration in the European Union (1998) / Geoffrey Arrett, R. Daniel Kelemen, and Heiner Schulz
Scraps of paper? agreements and the durability of peace (2003) / Virginia Page Fortna
In the shadow of law or power? consensus-based bargaining and outcomes in the GATT/WTO (2002) / Richard H. Steinberg
The legalization of international monetary affairs (2000) / Beth Simmons
Constructing an atrocities regime : the politics of war crimes tribunals (2001) / Christopher Rudolph
The origins of human rights regimes : democratic delegation in postwar Europe (2000) / Andrew Moravcsik
Regime design matters : international oil pollution and treaty compliance (1994) / Ronald B. Mitchell
The regime complex for plant genetic resources (2004) / Kal Raustiala and David G. Victor.
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Simmons, Beth A., 1958-
Steinberg, Richard H., 1960-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|