From the big bang to the nucleosynthesis [electronic resource] / Italian Physical Society ; edited by A. Bracco and E. Nappi.
- Amsterdam ; Washington, D.C. : IOS Press, 2011.
- Conference Name:
- International School of Physics "Enrico Fermi" (Course 178)
International School of Physics "Enrico Fermi"
- International School of Physics "Enrico Fermi." Proceedings of the International School of Physics "Enrico Fermi" ; course 178.
Proceedings of the International School of Physics "Enrico Fermi", 0074-784X ; course 178
International School of Physics ""Enrico Fermi""
1 online resource (467 p.)
- Nucleosynthesis -- Congresses.
Big bang theory -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- Physicists have devoted much effort to reproducing the conditions of the primordial universe in laboratory conditions in their quest to work out a comprehensive theory of the appearance and evolution of nuclear matter. Whether it be trying to recreate the predicted primordial state of high-energy density matter in which quarks and gluons are effectively deconfined - the so-called Quark Gluon Plasma (QGP) - or exploring the structure and reaction properties of very unstable nuclei in experiments using radioactive beams, they have striven to understand the events which characterized the Big Bang
- Title page; Indice; Preface; Gruppo fotografico dei partecipanti al Corso; SUPERNOVAE AND NEUTRON STARS; Stellar evolution: From hydrostatic burning to core collapse; Introduction; Astrophysical nuclear reaction rates; Hydrostatic burning stages; Hydrogen burning; Solar neutrinos; Helium burning; Carbon, neon, oxygen, silicon burning; Core collapse supernovae; Electron captures in core-collapse supernovae - the general picture; Weak-interaction rates and presupernova evolution; The role of electron capture during collapse; Making heavy elements in explosive nucleosynthesis; The nu p process
The r-processNeutrino nucleosynthesis; The Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research (FAIR); The theory of Neutron Stars and the role of Nuclear Physics; Introduction; Overall structure of a Neutron Star; The outer crust; The inner crust; The outer core; The inner core; The free Fermi gas of nucleons; The Equation of State; The compressibility; Momentum distribution; The symmetry energy; The single particle density of states; The Pauli paramagnetism; Other microscopic physical quantities; Introducing the interaction; Sketch of the nucleon-nucleon interaction; Theoretical many-body methods
The Brueckner-Bethe-Goldstone expansionThe variational method; The relativistic approach; The V low approach; Trying a link to QCD: the chiral symmetry approach; Neutron matter at very low density. An exercise in many-body theory; A single G-matrix problem; The ""exact"" EoS; Going to nuclear structure; The Thomas-Fermi approximation and implementations; The density functional method; Nuclear Physics and Neutron Star structure; The Neutron Star inner crust; The Neutron Star core and mass-radius relationship; Conclusions and outlook; Spin-isospin modes: Implications for astrophysics
IntroductionThe compression modes and incompressibility of nuclear matter; Spin-isospin excitations; GT strength in fp-shell nuclei; Determination of GT- strength; Determination of GT+ strength and its astrophysical implications; Conclusions and outlook; NUCLEAR STRUCTURE AND NUCLEAR ASTROPHYSICS WITH RADIOACTIVE BEAMS; Nuclear-astrophysics experiments with relativistic radioactive beams; Introduction; Experiments with high-energy radioactive beams at GSI; Mass measurements; The dipole response of exotic nuclei; Future perspectives-NuSTAR at FAIR; The FAIR facility
The radioactive beam facilityExperiments with slowed-down and stopped beams; The low-energy branch; High-resolution in-flight spectroscopy (HISPEC); Decay spectroscopy (DESPEC); The advanced trapping system MATS; The laser-spectroscopy experiment LASPEC; Reactions with Relativistic Radioactive Beams (R3B); Experiments with stored and cooled beams; Isomeric beams, lifetimes, and masses (ILIMA); Reactions at internal targets in the NESR (EXL); Electron scattering with short-lived nuclei (ELISe); The Antiproton-Ion-Collider AIC; Conclusion
Nuclear structure studies at RIKEN: New measurements with in-flight fast radioactive beams
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Bracco, A.
Società italiana di fisica.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|