New literary hybrids in the age of multimedia expression : crossing borders, crossing genres / edited By Marcel Cornis-Pope, Virginia Commonwealth University.
- Other records:
- Amsterdam ; Philadelphia : John Benjamins Publishing Company, 
- Comparative history of literatures in European languages ; v. 27.
Comparative history of literatures in European languages = Histoire comparée des littératures de langues européennes, 0238-0668 ; volume 27
1 online resource (463 p.)
- Hypertext literature, European -- History and criticism.
Literature and technology -- Europe.
- Electronic books.
- Begun in 2010 as part of the "Histories of Literatures in European Languages" series sponsored by the International Comparative Literature Association, the current project on New Literary Hybrids in the Age of Multimedia Expression recognizes the global shift toward the visual and the virtual in all areas of textuality: the printed, verbal text is increasingly joined with the visual, often electronic, text. This shift has opened up new domains of human achievement in art and culture. The international roster of 24 contributors to this volume pursue a broad range of issues under four sets of qu
- General Introduction / Marcel Cornis-Pope
Multimedia Productions in Theoretical and Historical Perspective. Theoretical Explorations. Katarina Peovic Vukovic: Electronic Literature and Modes of Production: Art in the Era of Digital and Digital- Network Paradigm
Rui Torres, Manuel Portela, and Maria do Carmo Castelo Branco de Sequeira: Methodological Rationale for the Taxonomy of the PO.EX Digital Archive
Verónica Galíndez-Jorge: The Role of Genetic Criticism in the Debates Concerning Literary Creativity
Historical Contextualizations. Karl Jirgens: Beckett and Beyond: Ergodic Texts, the Neo-Baroque, and Intermedia Performance as Social Sculpture
Bernardo Piciché: A Forerunner of "Cybridity": The "Tachipanism" of the Italian Futurists
Michael Wutz: Articulate Flesh: D. H. Lawrence and the Modern Media Ecology
Regional and Intercultural Projects. Yra van Dijk: Picking up the Pieces: History and Memory in European Digital Literature
Pedro de Andrade: Postcolonial Co-Ordinary Literature and the Web 2.0/3.0: "Thinking Back" within Transmediatic Knowledge
Eva Midden: (Re-)Writing Religious and Gender Identities in the Netherlands
Marcel Cornis-Pope: New Literary Hybrids in the Age of Multimedia Expression: The Case of "Post-Colonial" East-Central Europe
Reneta Vankova Bozhankova: "A Sense of Place: The Virtual Cartography of Russian and Other Eastern European Literatures
Nevena Dakovic and Ivana Uspenski: The Memory of the Holocaust and the New Hyper/Cyber-Textuality
Forms and Genres. Talan Memmott: On Codework: A Phenomenology of an Anti-Genre
Astrid Ensslin: The Metazone of the Festival Dada: Jason Nelson's Evidence of Everything Exploding
Leonora Flis: Nonfiction Comics as a Medium of Remembrance and Mourning and as a Cosmopolitan Genre of Social and Political Engagement
Bogumila Suwara: Hybridization of Text and Image: The Case of Photography
Joanna Spassova-Dikova: Communicating Posthuman Bodies in Contemporary Performance Arts
Victoria Pérez Royo: The Image between Cinema and Performance: Transformations and Interactions
Reneta Vankova Bozhankova: The Blog, or the Domicile of Days: Eastern European Online Literary Diaries
Readers and Rewriters in Multimedia Environments. Alan Bigelow: "Ten Reasons Why I Read Digital Literature"
Francesca Pasquali: Authors, Readers, and Convergence Culture: Storytelling in the Social Network Era
Marcel Cornis-Pope: Author-Reader Interactions in the Age of Hypertextual and Multimedia Communication
Janez Strehovec: The E-Literary Text as an Instrument and a Ride: Novel Forms of Digital Literature and the Expanded Concept of Reading
Susana Tosca and Helle Nina Pedersen: Tablets and the New Materiality of Reading
Artur Matuck: De-Scripting through Virtual Typewriters: as Reported by Caliban, a Sperker of Ynglish Langbage.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Cornis-Pope, Marcel, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|