Displacing the state [electronic resource] : religion and conflict in neoliberal Africa / edited by James Howard Smith and Rosalind I. J. Hackett ; foreword by R. Scott Appleby.
- Notre Dame, Ind. : University of Notre Dame Press, 2012.
- Kroc Institute series on religion, conflict, and peace building.
Kroc Institute series on religion, conflict, and peace building
xi, 299 p.
- Social conflict -- Africa -- Religious aspects.
Religion and state -- Africa.
Peace-building -- Africa -- Religious aspects.
Africa -- Religious life and customs.
- Electronic books.
- Religious dimensions of conflict and peace in a neoliberal Africa: an introduction / James Howard Smith
Forgiveness with consequences: scriptures, Qené, and traditions of restorative justice in nineteenth-century Ethiopia / Charles Schaefer
Making peace with the devil: the political life of devil worship rumors in Kenya / James Howard Smith
The Mungiki movement: a source of religio-political conflict in Kenya / Grace Nyatugah Wamue-Ngare
Magic as identity maker: conflict and militia formation in eastern Congo / Koen Vlassenroot
Religion, politics, and gender in Zimbabwe: the Masowe apostles and Chimurenga religion / Isabel Mukonyora
"Devil bustin' satellites": how media liberalization in Africa generates religious intolerance and conflict / Rosalind I. J. Hackett
Mediating armageddon: popular Christian video films as a source of conflict in Nigeria / Asonzeh F.-K. Ukah
"The domestic relations bill" and inter-religious conflict in Uganda: a Muslim reading of personal law and religious pluralism in a postcolonial society / Abasi Kiyimba.
- "The volume has its remote origins in an international conference held in Jinja, Uganda, from March 31 to April 3, 2004, and sponsored by the Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies, University of Notre Dame"--Foreword.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Smith, James Howard.
Hackett, Rosalind I. J.
Appleby, R. Scott, 1956-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|