The War of 1812 [electronic resource] : a complete chronology with biographies of 63 general officers / Bud Hannings.
- Other records:
- Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland & Co., c2012.
1 online resource (401 p.)
- Generals -- United States -- Biography.
United States -- History -- War of 1812 -- Biography.
United States -- History -- War of 1812 -- Chronology.
United States -- History -- War of 1812 -- Sources.
- Electronic books.
- Although the American Revolution ended in 1783, tensions between the United States and Britain over disruptions to American trade, the impressment of American merchant sailors by British ships, and British support of Native American resistance to American expansion erupted in another military conflict nearly three decades later. Scarcely remembered in England today, the War of 1812 stood as a veritable ""second war of independence"" to the victorious Americans and ushered in an extended period of peaceful relations and trade between the United States and Britain. This major reference work offe
- Cover; Contents; Preface; Introduction; The Chronology; Biographies of General Officers; Appendix A. Generals, U.S. Army and Militia, War of 1812 Era; Appendix B. James Madison's War Message to Congress, June 1, 1812; Appendix C. Prizes of American Privateers and Vessels Under Letters of Marque, Captured on Unspecified Days, 1812-1815; Appendix D. Proclamation Issued by General William Hull to the People of Canada on 12 July 1812; Appendix E. General Isaac Brock's Response to General Hull's Proclamation on 22 July 1812; Appendix F. Thomas Boyle's Proclamation; Bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|