The shaping school culture fieldbook [electronic resource] / Kent D. Peterson, Terence E. Deal.
- Other records:
- 2nd ed.
- San Francisco, CA : Jossey-Bass, c2009.
- Jossey-Bass education series.
The Jossey-Bass education series
1 online resource (286 p.)
- Educational leadership -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
School environment -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Educational change -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Electronic books.
- When the bestselling books Shaping School Culture and The Shaping School Culture Fieldbook were first published, Kent D. Peterson and Terrence E. Deal described the critical elements of school culture-the purposes, traditions, norms, and values that guide and glue the community together. The authors showed how a positive culture makes school reform work and the companion Fieldbook included the tools needed to bring out the best in students, teachers, and the surrounding community In today's complex educational environment, new challenges have surfaced for school leaders who must grapp
- Interpreting school culture
The importance of culture
Vision and values : the bedrock of culture
Ritual and ceremony : culture in action
History and stories : the importance of the past
People and relationships : the informal network
Architecture, artifacts, and symbols : the visual scene
Transforming school culture
Healing toxic cultures : action strategies
Eight roles of symbolic leaders
The road ahead.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Deal, Terrence E.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|