Improving school leadership [electronic resource] : the promise of cohesive leadership systems / Catherine H. Augustine ... [et al.].
- Santa Monica, CA : RAND, c2009.
1 online resource (179 p.)
- Educational leadership -- United States.
School management and organization -- United States.
Educational change -- United States.
School principals -- United States.
Public schools -- United States.
Education and state -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- This study documents actions of Wallace Foundation grantees to create more-cohesive policies and initiatives to improve instructional leadership in schools; describes how states and districts have worked together to forge such policies and initiatives; and examines the hypothesis that cohesive systems improve school leadership. Such efforts appear to be a promising approach to developing school principals engaged in improving instruction.
- Cover; Preface; Contents; Figures; Tables; Summary; Acknowledgments; Abbreviations; CHAPTER ONE - Introduction; CHAPTER TWO - Data Sources and Analytic Approach; CHAPTER THREE - Policies and Initiatives Taken to Improve Leadership; CHAPTER FOUR - Variations in State and District Roles in Improving School Leadership; CHAPTER FIVE - Building Cohesion Across Policies and Initiatives; CHAPTER SIX - Effective Strategies for System-Building; CHAPTER SEVEN - Prospects for Sustainability; CHAPTER EIGHT - Support for the CLS Hypothesis; CHAPTER NINE - Recommendations
APPENDIX A - Background Information on Study States and DistrictsAPPENDIX B - Indicators of Leadership Policy Initiatives, Factors of Cohesion, Conditions, and Effective Leadership Practices; APPENDIX C - Principal Survey Technical Notes; APPENDIX D - Principal End-of-Day-Log Technical Notes; APPENDIX E - Index Construction for the Analyses in Chapter Eight; APPENDIX F - Methodology and Elaborated Results for Analyses inChapter Eight; References
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Rand Education (Institute)
Augustine, Catherine H., 1968-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|