Healing the world's children [electronic resource] : interdisciplinary perspectives on health in the twentieth century / edited by Cynthia Comacchio, Janet Golden, and George Weisz.
- Montréal [Que.] : McGill-Queen's University Press, c2008.
- McGill-Queen's/Associated Medical Services studies in the history of medicine, health, and society ; 31.
McGill-Queen's/Associated Medical Services studies in the history of medicine, health, and society ; 31
1 online resource (324 p.)
- Children in art -- Canada.
Children -- Diseases.
Children -- Health and hygiene -- History -- 20th century.
Child health services -- History -- 20th century.
- Medical subjects:
- History, 20th Century.
Child Welfare -- history.
Child Health Services.
- Electronic books.
- Intro; Contents; Illustrations; Figures and Tables; Acknowledgments; Introduction; PART ONE: HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVES ON CHILD HEALTH; PART TWO: CONSTRUCTING HEALTH AND DISABILITY; PART THREE: HEARING CHILDREN'S VOICES; PART FOUR: MEASURING CHILD HEALTH; PART FIVE: REPRESENTING CHILDREN IN HEALTH AND SICKNESS; Contributors; Index; 1 North American Perspectives on the History of Child Health in the Twentieth Century; 2 Recent Work on the History of Childhood in Europe; 3 Historiography of Infant and Child Health in Latin America
4 AIDS Orphans, Raped Babies, and Suffering Children: The Moral Construction of Childhood in Post-Apartheid South Africa5 Cure and the Contempt of Goodwill: Reason and Feeling in Disability Narratives, 1850-1950: Tools of the Trade; 6 "It's Back": Children with Cancer Talking about Their Illness When Cure Is Not Likely; 7 Size Matters: Medical Experts, Educators, and the Provision of Health Services to Children in Early to Mid-Twentieth Century English Canada; 8 More Than the Names Have Changed: Exploring the Historical Epidemiology of Intellectual Disability in the United States
9 Politics, Policy, and the Measuring of Child Health: Child Malnutrition in the Great Depression10 When the Children Are Sick, So Is Society: Dr Norman Bethune and the Montreal Circle of Artists; 11 From the Final Sleep to the First Steps: Postmortem Portraiture and Childhood and Amateur Photography; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; J; K; L; M; N; O; P; Q; R; S; T; U; V; W; Y; Z
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Golden, Janet Lynne, 1951-
Comacchio, Cynthia R., 1957-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|