Governance failure and reform attempts after the global economic crisis of 2008/09 : case studies from Central and Eastem Europe / Leonid Kosals, Heiko Pleines, editors.
- Stuttgart, Germany : Ibidem-Verlag, 2014.
- Changing Europe ; Volume 9.
Changing Europe, 1863-8716 ; Volume 9
1 online resource (237 p.)
- Monetary policy -- Europe, Central -- Congresses.
Financial crises -- Europe, Eastern -- Congresses.
Financial crises -- Europe, Central -- Congresses.
Monetary policy -- Europe, Eastern -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- The global economic crisis of 2008/2009 has had a broad impact far beyond economic concerns. Most importantly, it has been seen as a crisis of governance and debates have not just questioned specific regulations, e.g. of global financial markets, but have additionally challenged the appropriateness of underlying governance concepts not only in global markets, but also at the national level.For the post-socialist countries, which adopted market-oriented governance mechanisms less than two decades ago, the global crisis was the first stress test after the post-socialist recovery. Th
- Contents; List of Figures; List of Tables; Preface; 1. Baltic Variety of Capitalism as an Explanation of the Success of Internal Devaluation; 2. Economic Sovereignty and Development or Sound Moneyand Market Equilibrium? Conflicting Narratives in the Russian Monetary and Financial Policy During the Crisis; 3. Institutional Determinants of Confidence in National Currency and Monetary Policy Credibility. The Case of Ukraine; 4. Studying Fiscal Policy Effects Using a Simple DSGE Model; 5. The Secret Behind the Last Financial Crisis. Why Were Some Countries Hit Worse than the Others?
6. Neoliberalism and the Crisis of Indebtedness. The Problematization of Credit-Based Affluence in Contemporary Romania7. Conceptual Framework of Sustainability of Islamic Financial Institutions amid Global Financial and Economic Crisis; 8. Anti-Corruption Policies in Georgia. The Construction of an Image of Success; 9. Academic Corruption and Reform in Russia and Ukraine; 10. Interlocks Between Political and Business Elite Groups and Their Impact on the Income of Ukrainian Enterprises in 2007-2009; 11. Trends of Corporate Governance in Post-Socialist States; About the Authors
- Description based upon print version of record.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed May 29, 2014).
- Kosals, Leonid, editor.
Pleines, Heiko, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|