Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn and the modern Russo-Jewish question / Nathan D. Larson.
- Stuttgart, Germany : Ibidem Verlag, 2014.
- Soviet and post-Soviet politics and society ; 14.
Soviet and Post-Soviet Politics and Society, 1614-3515 ; 14
1 online resource (175 p.)
- German literature.
- Electronic books.
- Will the Russian and Jewish nations ever achieve true reconciliation? Why is there such disparity in the interpretations of Russo-Jewish history? Nobel Laureate Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn has focused on these and other thorny questions surrounding Russia's Jewish Question for the last ten years, culminating in a two-volume historical essay that is among his final literary offerings: Two Hundred Years Together. In this essay, Solzhenitsyn seeks to elucidate Judeo-Russian relations while also promoting mutual healing between the two nationalities, but the polarized reception of Solzhenitsyn's w
- List of Contents; Potrait of Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn; I Introduction; II A Concise Biography of Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn; III Judeophobia and the Jewish Question; IV Anti-Semitic Accusation against Solzhenitsyn; V Russian Nationalism; The Black Hundred; National Bolshevism; Память; Solzhenitsyn's Unique Nationalism; VI The Jewish Question in Russian Literature; Gogol; Dostoevsky; Chekhov; Pasternak; VII The Critics respond to Solzhenitsyn's Jewish Character Sketches; Bogrov juxtaposed against Stolypin; Parvus as a Personification of Evil; Benevolent Jewish Characters
VIII The Political Jewish Question in Post-Soviet RussiaThe New Oligarchy; IX Евреи в СССР и в будущеФи Pоссии; X Двести лет вместе; A Brief Exegesis of Two Hundred Years Together, part II; Repentance; Assimilation; XI The Protocols of the Elders of Zion; XII The Ambivalence of Solzhenitsyn; XIII Conclusion; Bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|