Cambodia, diversifying beyond garments and tourism : country diagnostic study / Asian Development Bank.
- Metro Manila, Philippines : Asian Development Bank, 2014.
- Country Diagnostic Studies
Country Diagnostic Studies
1 online resource (173 p.)
- Economic development -- Cambodia.
Infrastructure (Economics) -- Cambodia.
Cambodia -- Economic policy.
- Electronic books.
- Cover; Contents; Foreword; Preface; Abbreviations and Acronyms; Cambodia Fast Facts 2013; Executive Summary; 1. Development Performance; 1.1 Maximizing Natural Growth Opportunities; 1.2 Economic Development Plans; 1.3 Macroeconomic Performance; 1.4 Economic Growth by Major Expenditure Component; 1.5 Monetary Policy and Financial Sector Management; 1.6 Fiscal Policy; 1.7 Balance of Payments; 1.8 Sources of Economic Growth, by Production Sector; 1.9 Poverty and Inequality; 2. Critical Constraints to Growth; 2.1 Human Capital; 2.2 Infrastructure; 2.3 Macroeconomic Risks; 2.4 Microeconomic Risks
2.5 Market Failures2.6 Finance; 2.7 Conclusion; 3. Critical Constraints to Inclusiveness; 3.1 Availability of Productive Employment Opportunities; 3.2 Human Capabilities; 3.3 Leveling the Playing Field; 3.4 Social Safety Nets; 3.5 Conclusion; 4. Diversification and Upgrading; 4.1 Patterns of Specialization and Diversification; 4.2 Into Which Products Can Cambodia Diversify?; 4.3 Policies for Diversification and Upgrading; 4.4 Conclusion; Appendix 4.1: Product Sophistication, Revealed Comparative Advantage, and Proximity and Path; Appendix 4.2: Priority Export Products
5. Summary and Policy Recommendations5.1 Human Capital and Access to Decent Employment; 5.2 Infrastructure: Electricity, Rural Roads, and Rural Water and Sanitation; 5.3 Governance; 5.4 Fiscal Resources; 5.5 The Way Forward and Special Challenge; References; BOXES, FIGURES, AND TABLES; BOXES; 1.1 Managing Dedollarization; 1.2 Socioeconomic Development Plans and GDP Growth; 2.1 Growth Diagnostics Framework; 4.1 Tariff Preferences Aid Diversification: Cambodia's Bicycle Industry; 4.2 Institutional Mechanisms for Industrial Policy; 4.3 Key Elements of the Rice Policy; FIGURES
1.1 Shares of Major Expenditure Components in GDP, 1995-2011 (%)1.2 Contribution of Major Expenditure Components to GDP Growth, 1995-2011 (%); 1.3 Major Expenditure Components in Selected Asian Countries, 2000 and 2012 (% of GDP); 1.4 GDP Growth and Inflation, 2000-2013 (%); 1.5 Growth of Money Supply and Fiscal Balance, 2000-2013 (%); 1.6 GDP Growth and Change in the Exchange Rate, 2000-2012; 1.7 Official and Market KR/ Exchange Rates, 2006-2013; 1.8 Domestic Credit Provided by Banks and Growth of Total Loans, 2005-2013; 1.9 Health of the Banking Sector, 2006-2012 (%)
1.10 Nonperforming Loans, 2005-2013 (%)1.11 Government Expenditure by Function, 2001-2013 (% of total); 1.12 Overall Fiscal Balance in Selected Asian Countries, 1995-2013 (% of GDP); 1.13 Fiscal Deficit Financing, 2002-2012 (% of GDP); 1.14 Net Exports, 2000-2013 ( billion); 1.15 Balance of Payments, 1998-2012 (% of GDP); 1.16 Gross Reserves and Months of Import Coverage, 2005-2013 ( billion); 1.17 Shares of Major Production Sectors in GDP, 1995-2013 (%); 1.18 Contribution to Total Output Growth by Major Production Sector, 1995-2013 (percentage points)
1.19 Agriculture Employment in Selected Asian Countries, 1998-2012 (% of total employment)
- "Economics and Research Department, November 2014."
Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed June 23, 2016).
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|