Fouilles d'Isṭabl ʻAntar : céramiques d'ensembles des IXe et Xe siècles / Roland-Pierre Gayraud et Lucy Vallauri ; avec la collaboration de Guergana Guionova et Jean-Christophe Tréglia et la participation de S. Yona Waksman, Claudio Capelli et Roberto Cabella.
- Le Caire : Institut français d'archéologie orientale du Caire, 2017.
- Fustat (Series) ; 2.
Fouilles de l'Institut français d'archéologie orientale du Caire ; 75.
Publications de l'Institut français d'archéologie orientale du Caire ; 1138.
Fustat ; II
Fouilles de l'Ifao, 0768-4703 ; 75
IF ; 1138
xii, 423 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 33 cm.
- Pottery -- Egypt -- Cairo.
Pottery, Medieval -- Egypt -- Cairo.
Islamic pottery -- Egypt -- Cairo.
Excavations (Archeology) -- Egypt -- Cairo.
Archaeology, Medieval -- Egypt -- Cairo.
Fusṭāṭ (Cairo, Egypt) -- History.
Egypt -- Cairo
Egypt -- Cairo -- Fusṭā
- In French; summary on page 4 of cover in French and English.
- "The excavations of Isṭabl ʻAntar were carried out between 1985 and 2005. They revealed remains on a surface of more than two hectares, and a large quantity of archaeological finds of various types, as well as organic material. The publication of this material is currently under progress. Ceramics constitute the largest part of these finds, in quantity as well as quality. This first volume, which is devoted to ceramics, concerns closed groups of finds, mainly from pits. The chronology stretches from the middle of the 9th century to the end of the 10th century. The contribution of these excavations concerns the chronology based on the stratigraphy and numerous numismatic finds, as well as a typology showing an almost complete catalogue of Egyptian productions. Here, we have testimonies to the birth of the Islamic ceramic, at the crossroads of local tradition and outside influences, some even coming from very far away. This turning point sees many changes in the evolution of ceramics and techniques"--Page 4 of cover.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 371-381).
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
- Vallauri, Lucy, author.
George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|