Education in America / Kimberly A. Goyette.
- Oakland, California : University of California Press, 
- Sociology in the 21st century (University of California Press) ; 3.
Sociology in the twenty-first century 3
xvi, 253 pages ; 23 cm.
- Educational equalization -- United States.
Education -- Social aspects -- United States.
Equality -- Social aspects -- United States.
Education -- Social aspects.
Equality -- Social aspects.
- "Education in America introduces readers to social inequality in education in the U.S. The book highlights findings from current, rigorous sociological research, covering patterns and trends in inequality in education by socioeconomic background, race, and gender, and framing them in the context of current issues and controversies such as expanded accountability and school choice policies. This book sheds light on the complexity of inequality in schools--that inequality is difficult to attribute to a single factor or explanation, and that it works differently by socioeconomic status, race, and gender. This complexity, in turn, complicates possible overarching policy solutions"--Provided by publisher.
- The promise(s) of education
Competing visions of public education : who and what should it be for?
What does education do? paradigms and theories about how education works
Inequality by socioeconomic background and class
Inequality by race and ethnicity, immigrant status, and language ability
Inequality by gender and disability
Educational inequality in other nations
Education reforms and inequality / Jessica Brathwaite and Kimberly Goyette
If we don't like educational inequality, why is it so hard to make it go away?
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other format:
- Online version: Goyette, Kimberly A. Education in America.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|