Women in sport leadership : research and practice for change / edited by Laura J. Burton and Sarah Leberman.
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2017.
- Routledge research in sport business and management ; 9.
Routledge research in sport business and management ; 9
xiii, 171 pages ; 24 cm.
- Sports for women.
Leadership in women.
Sex discrimination in sports.
Sports administration -- Social aspects.
- "Although women and girls participate in sport in greater numbers than ever before, research shows there has been no significant increase in women leading sport organizations. This book takes an international, evidence-based perspective in examining women in sport leadership and offers future directions for improving gender diversity. With contributions from leading sport scholars and practitioners from across the globe, it explores the opportunities and challenges women face while exercising leadership in sport organizations and evaluates leadership development practices. While positional leadership is crucial, this book argues that some women may choose to exercise leadership in non-positional ways, challenging readers to consider their personal values and passions. Its chapters not only discuss key topics such as gender bias, intersectionality, quotas, networking, mentoring and sponsoring, but also present a variety of strategies to develop and support the next generation of women leaders in sport. Women in Sport Leadership: Research and practice for change is important reading for all students, scholars and coaches with an interest in sport business, policy and management, as well as women's sport and gender studies."-- Provided by publisher.
- Why This Book? : Framing the Conversation Around Women in Sport Leadership / Sarah Leberman and Laura J. Burton
An Evaluation of Current Scholarship in Sport Leadership : Multilevel Perspective / Laura J. Burton and Sarah Leberman
Institutionalized Practices in Sport Leadership / Nefertiti Walker, Claire Schaeperkoetter and Lindsey Darvin
The Impact of Bias in Sport Leadership / Heidi Grappendorf and Laura J. Burton
Intersectionality: The Impact of Negotiating Multiple Identities for Women in Sport Leadership / E. Nicole Melton and Michael J. Bryant
Quotas to Accelerate Gender Equity in Sport Leadership: Do they work? / Johanna A. Adriaanse
Young Women in Sport: Understanding Leadership in Sport / Vicki D. Schull
Future Sport Leaders: Developing Young Women to Lead / Sarah Leberman
Networking, Mentoring, Sponsoring: Strategies to Support Women in Sport Leadership / Janelle E. Wells and Meg G. Hancock.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Burton, Laura J., editor.
Leberman, Sarah, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|