Latina teachers : creating careers and guarding culture / Glenda M. Flores.
- New York : New York University Press, 
- Latina/o sociology series.
Latina/o sociology series
xv, 265 pages ; 23 cm.
- Hispanic Americans -- Education (Higher).
Teachers -- Training of.
- From "Americanization" to "latinization"
"I just fell into it": pathways into the teaching profession
Cultural guardians: the professional missions of latina teachers
Co-ethnic cultural guardianship: space, race and region
Bicultural myths, rifts and shifts
Standardized tests and workplace tensions.
- "1. From "Americanization" to "Latinization" 2. "I Just Fell into It": Pathways into the Teaching Profession 3. Cultural Guardians: The Professional Missions of Latina Teachers 4. Co-ethnic Cultural Guardianship: Space, Race and Region 5. Bicultural Myths, Rifts and Shifts 6. Standardized Tests and Workplace Tensions."
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|