Drosophila [electronic resource] : Methods and Protocols / edited by Christian Dahmann.
- 2nd ed. 2016.
- New York, NY : Springer New York : Imprint: Humana Press, 2016.
- Methods in molecular biology 1064-3745 ; 1478
Methods in Molecular Biology, 1064-3745 ; 1478
1 online resource (XII, 355 p.) : 72 illus., 41 illus. in color.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This second edition volume expands on the previous edition by presenting updated protocols for several of the techniques described in the first edition of Drosophila: Methods and Protocols, and current methods that cover recent breakthroughs in Drosophila research. The book begins with a description of FlyBase--a database of genes and genomes--followed by the presentation of systems for versatile gene expression in the fly. The first few chapters in this book detail gene knockdown and editing, including CRISPR-Cas9 and protein knockdown. The next few chapters are devoted to methods describing live imaging of different tissues and organs, followed by chapters on how to quantify image data and how to probe tissue mechanics by laser ablation. The next two chapters provide methods for analyzing transcription followed by protocols to study growth, metabolism, ageing, and behavior in Drosophila. This volume concludes with chapters on electrophysiological recordings and methods to establish cell lines. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Cutting-edge and thorough, Drosophila: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition is a valuable source of hands-on protocols and reviews for molecular, cell, and developmental biologists using Drosophila as model systems in their work.
- Using FlyBase: A Database of Drosophila Genes and Genomes
The GAL4 System: A Versatile System for Manipulation and Analysis of Gene Expression
The Q-System: A Versatile Expression System for Drosophila
Analysis of MicroRNA Function in Drosophila
Methods for High-Throughput RNAi screening in Drosophila Cells
A Guide to Genome-Wide In Vivo RNAi Applications in Drosophila
Creating Heritable Mutations in Drosophila with CRISPR-Cas9
Performing Chromophore-Assisted Laser Inactivation in Drosophila Embryos Using GFP
deGradFP: A System to Knockdown GFP-Tagged Proteins
Sample Preparation and Mounting of Drosophila Embryos for Multi-View Light Sheet Microscopy
Cultivation and Live-Imaging of Drosophila Imaginal Discs
Cultivation and Live Imaging of Drosophila Ovaries
Segmentation and Quantitative Analysis of Epithelial Tissues
Laser Ablation to Probe the Epithelial Mechanics in Drosophila
Rapid Ovary Mass-isolation (ROMi) to Obtain Large Quantities of Drosophila Egg Chambers for Fluorescent In-Situ Hybridization
Chromatin Immunoprecipitation for Analyzing Transcription Factor Binding and Histone Modifications in Drosophila
Protocols to Study Growth and Metabolism in Drosophila
Protocols to Study Ageing in Drosophila
Protocols to Study Behavior in Drosophila
Electrophysiological Recordings from Lobula Plate Tangential Cells in Drosophila
Methods to Establish a Drosophila Cell Line.
- Dahmann, Christian. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-4939-6371-3 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|