Feedback-informed treatment in clinical practice [electronic resource] : reaching for excellence / edited by David S. Prescott, Cynthia L. Maeschalck, and Scott D. Miller.
- Other Title:
- Feedback-informed treatment in agency and clinic settings
- First edition.
- Washington, DC : American Psychological Association, 
1 online resource (x, 368 pages)
Outcome assessment (Medical care).
Mental illness -- Treatment.
- Medical subjects:
Patient Outcome Assessment.
Mental Disorders -- therapy.
- "Through feedback-informed treatment (FIT), clinicians gather real-time input from clients through structured yet flexible measures that identify what is and is not working in therapy and how to better meet clients' needs. This book coalesces expert insights from practitioners who have successfully integrated FIT in their own work. Their experiences demonstrate how other clinicians can incorporate FIT into their own practices to consistently monitor clients' progress and the therapeutic alliance. The book first reviews FIT theory, specific measures (including the Outcome Rating Scale and the Session Rating Scale), and general strategies for implementing FIT in practice and supervision. This information is then translated into more specific applications of FIT with different kinds of clients, including individuals, couples, children and families, LGBTQ clients, and clients suffering from addiction and early onset psychotic disorders. A variety of treatment settings are also represented, such as private practice, clinics, group therapy, the criminal justice system, and pharmacies. The concluding chapter ties together the book's overarching themes with friendly, practical advice about using FIT to bolster professional development and improve one's clinical abilities."--Provided by publisher.
- Feedback informed treatment : historical and empirical foundations / Eeuwe Schuckard, Scott D. Miller, Mark A. Hubble
Feedback-informed treatment : an overview of the basics and core competencies / David S. Prescott
Using client feedback to inform treatment / Cynthia Maeschalck and Leslie Barfknecht
Achieving excellence through feedback informed supervision / Susanne Bargmann
Implementing FIT : challenges and solutions / Randy K. Moss and Vanessa Mousavizadeh
FIT in a private practice setting : personal advice and professional experience / Jason A. Seidel
Feedback-informed group treatment (FIGT) : application of the OQ®-45 and Group Questionnaire (GQ) / Robert leaves Gleave [and five others]
FIT in agency and clinic settings / Robbie Babins-Wagner
Feedback-informed treatment in an agency serving children, youth, and families : all together now / Bob Bertolino
Feedback informed treatment with couples / Bill Robinson
Feedback informed treatment in an addiction treatment agency / Julie Seitz and David Mee-Lee
Feedback-informed treatment with LGBTQ clients : social justice and evidence based practice / Brittney Chesworth [and five others]
Feedback-informed treatment with clients in the criminal justice system : the time is now / David S. Prescott
Feedback-informed treatment for adolescents and young adults with early onset psychotic disorders : developmentally appropriate mental health services and the need for relevant outcome measures / Ryan Melton and Elinor Taylor
Facilitating the therapeutic alliance between pharmacists and patients to improve medication adherence / Janice Pringle and Jaime Fawcett
The practice and the practical : pushing your clinical performance to the next level / Daryl Chow.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. Washington, D.C. : American Psychological Association, 2017.
Description based on print version record.
- Prescott, David S., editor.
Maeschalck, Cynthia L., editor.
Miller, Scott D., editor.
American Psychological Association, issuing body.
- 9781433827747 (print ed.)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|