Ultima Thule : Kurt Schwitters and Norway / Karin Hellandsjø.
- Other Title:
- Kurt Schwitters and Norway
- 1st ed.
- Oslo : Orfeus, 
215 pages, XL pages of plates : illustrations (chiefly color), facsimiles, maps, portraits ; 30 cm
- Schwitters, Kurt, 1887-1948 -- Criticism and interpretation.
Schwitters, Kurt, 1887-1948.
Collage, German -- 20th century.
Painting, German -- Norway.
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Kurt Schwitters was in the early 1930s considered entartet by Hitler. He lived in exile in Norway , a country he had visited as a tourist several times . He stayed until the Germans invaded Norway in 1940. He lived in Lysaker and during the summers on Hjertøya outside Molde. Here he built his Merz - huts and worked with collages and assemblages . Karin Hellandsjø has done research for many years on this unique artist's life and work in Norway . The book also presents several of Schwitters texts , some of which have never been published. The book is richly illustrated.
- Translation: German to Norwegian: Per Quale; English to Norwegian: Karin Hellandsjø; Norwegian and German to English: John Irons.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 210-212) and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|