From high school to college [electronic resource] : gender, immigrant generation, and race-ethnicity / Charles Hirschman.
- New York : Russell Sage Foundation, 2016.
1 online resource
- Educational equalization -- United States.
College preparation programs -- United States.
- Cover Page; Title Page; Copyright Page; Dedication; Contents; List of Illustrations; About the Author; Preface; Acknowledgments; Chapter 1. The Role of Education in American Society: Expanding Opportunity and Persistent Inequality; Chapter 2. Recent Trends in College Graduation: The National Portrait; Chapter 3. The University of Washington-Beyond High School Project: Data and Description; Chapter 4. The College Pathways Model; Chapter 5. Social Origins and College-Pathway Transitions; Chapter 6. A Closer Look at the Role of Culture in Explaining Educational Transitions.
Chapter 7. Work and Extracurricular Activities in the Lives of High School SeniorsChapter 8. The Impact of Schools and the Promise of Scholarships on College-Pathway Transitions; Chapter 9. Summing Up: Pathways to College Graduation; Notes; References; Index.
- Electronic reproduction. New York Available via World Wide Web.
Print version record.
Includes bibliographical references (page 341-370) and index.
- JSTOR (Online Service)
- Other format:
- Print version: Hirschman, Charles. From high school to college.
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.