Portrait of Altine in the dry season [electronic resource] / by Elisa Mereghetti and Marco Mensa.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- New York, NY : Filmakers Library, 2001.
1 online resource (27 min.).
- Women -- Senegal -- Biography.
Women -- Senegal.
- Documentary films.
- This edition in English.
- Twenty-seven year old Altine is a mother of two, living on the plains of Northern Senegal. As we watch her going about her daily chores, rhythmically threshing the millet, cooking over an open fire, she tells us of her aspirations. Her strongest wish is for adequate food, good health, and to remain close to her family. Images of Western life have not penetrated her village which is three hours from a paved road. This cinematically beautiful film captures life in the dry season which lasts nine months. Cows and goats share the dusty landscape. Villagers trek great distances to bring back the heavy load of water for daily needs. Although life is difficult, there is a dignity about the people.
- Originally released as DVD.
Title from resource description page (viewed May 24, 2011).
- Mensa, Marco.
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|