Multicultural counseling and psychotherapy [electronic resource] / Jeff Brooks-Harris and Winter C. Hamada ; video production, Liquid Planet Studios.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- [Hanover, Mass.] : Microtraining Associates ; [New York, N.Y. : Distributed by Insight Media], c2008.
- Counseling and therapy in video, volume 1
Multi-theoretical counseling and psychotherapy ; 5
1 online resource (60 min.).
- Behavior modification.
- Demonstrates skills drawn from a variety of cognitive approaches, behavior therapy, behavior modification, systemic therapy, and other action-oriented approaches to counseling and psychotherapy. It is designed to help graduate students and professionals acquire new skills and improving existing ones.
- Viewing clients culturally
Clarifying the impact of culture
Creating culturally-appropriate relationships - - Celebrating diversity
Illuminating similarities and differences
Recognizing the impact of diversity
Facilitating identity development
Appreciating multiple identities
Highlighting oppression and privilege
Exploring societal expectations
Supporting social action
Integrating spiritual awareness
Becoming aware of the therapist's worldview
Reducing cultural biases.
- Previously published as DVD.
- Brooks-Harris, Jeff E.
Hamada, Winter C.
Alexander Street Press.
Insight Media (Firm)
Liquid Planet Studios.
Microtraining and Multicultural Development (Firm)
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|