Dancing [electronic resource] / created by Rhoda Grauer ; produced by Thirteen/WNET in association with RM Arts and BBC-TV ; a Public Media Incorporated release.
- Other Title:
- Dance at court
Dancing in one world
Individual and tradition
Lord of the dance
New worlds, new forms
Power of dance
RM Arts presents dancing
Sex and social dance
Academic Video Online.
- Chicago, Ill : ArtHaus Musik, c1993.
1 online resource (471 min.)
- Dance -- Cross-cultural studies.
Dance -- Anthropological aspects.
Dance -- History.
Dance -- Social aspects.
Documentary television programs.
- This eight part series explores dance as of form of communication and expression in a variety of cultural contexts. Examples span the spectrum from staged ballet dancing to urban street dance to traditional myth and ritual. Filmed on location on 5 continents, this production took six years to make. Includes archival film footage.
- 1. The Power of dance
2. Lord of the dance
3. Sex and social dance
4. Dance at court
5. New worlds, new forms
6. Dance centerstage
7. The Individual and tradition
8. Dancing in one world.
- "Dan 070"--Original box.
"Dan 080 - Dan 150"--Original container.
At head of title on container: RM Arts presents.
Catalogued from credits and original container.
Dialogue in English, French, Japanese, Russian, Portuguese, Arabic and Hindu; voiceover in English.
On containers: "As seen on PBS."
Previously released on DVD.
- D'Amboise, Jacques, 1934-
Kylian, Jiri, 1947-
Reagon, Bernice Johnson, 1942-
Alexander Street Press.
British Broadcasting Corporation. Television Service.
Home Vision (Firm)
Public Media Incorporated (Wilmette, Ill.)
RM Arts (Firm)
WNET (Television station : New York, N.Y.)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|