The life and times of Jamyang Khyentse Chökyi Lodrö : the great biography by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche and other stories / translated under the guidance of Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche, Jigme Khyentse Rinpoche, and Orgyen Tobgyal Rinpoche by Drubgyud Tenzin Rinpoche and Khenpo Sonam Phuntsok ; edited by Janine Schulz.
- First edition.
- Boulder, Colorado : Shambhala, 2017.
xxvi, 606 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- ʼJam-dbyangs Mkhyen-brtse Chos-kyi-blo-gros, 1893-1959.
Sa-skya-pa lamas -- China -- Tibet Autonomous Region -- Biography.
China -- Tibet Autonomous Region.
- "An illustrated biography of one of the most outstanding Tibetan Buddhist masters of the twentieth century. The foremost torchbearer of the ecumenical Rime movement, Jamyang Khyentse Chokyi Lodro (1893-1959) dedicated his life to the study, practice, and propagation of all the schools and lineages that are collectively known as Tibetan Buddhism. The staggeringly long lists of all the teachings he received and passed on testify to his abiding appreciation for all aspects of the Dharma, and his list of students reveals how his influence transcended sectarian boundaries. The first half of this volume presents informal stories by many of Chokyi Lodro's teachers, students, friends, and relatives, collected by Orgyen Tobgyal Rinpoche and translated here into English for the first time. Intimate, funny, and utterly down-to-earth, these stories--supplemented by sixty-one photographs--paint a tender picture of the man behind the great master, introducing readers to the characters and events in his life, and especially the challenges he faced living against the backdrop of the Chinese occupation of Tibet. The second half comprises an English translation of the spiritual biography, or namtar, by Dilgo Khyentse, one of Chokyi Lodro's closest and most brilliant students. In the process of recounting the life and liberation of his beloved guru, Dilgo Khyentse reveals how he saw Chokyi Lodro as the Buddha in the flesh and provides, essentially, a blueprint of the entire path to enlightenment"-- Provided by publisher.
- Translated from the Tibetan.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Rinpoche, Dzongsar Khyentse, translator.
Rinpoche, Jigme Khyentse, translator.
Rinpoche, Orgyen Tobgyal, translator.
Rinpoche, Drubgyud Tenzin, translator.
Phuntsok, Khenpo Sonam, translator.
Schulz, Janine, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|