Drawing self portraits [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- [England] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2005.
- KS1/2 art ; 1
Education in video
1 online resource (14 min.).
- Art -- Study and teaching -- Great Britain.
- Instructional television programs.
Nonfiction television programs
- This edition in English.
- The Year 2 class at Lauriston School in Hackney, East London, provides the focus for this engaging programme about developing drawing and observational skills using self-portraits.Peter Sanders, deputy headteacher and art co-ordinator at the school, explains the relevance of the project and its planning and materials, as he prepares his classroom. The pupils respond with enthusiasm to Peter's encouragement to look carefully at themselves in the mirror and experiment with the range and density of marks possible using a drawing pencil. Through discussion and reflection, pupils are persuaded to work at a level and with a concentration not usually associated with such young children. They develop their mark-making skills and begin to understand concepts such as line and tone.This is a programme that contains a wealth of visual and factual information that will help with setting up drawing projects from nursery to Year 6. It is of particular value to non-specialist teachers.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (VAST: Academic video online). Available via World Wide Web.
- Alexander Street Press.
Big Heart Media. , Producer
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|