Fundamentals of design [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- Virtual pets
Academic Video Online.
- [England] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2006.
- Education in video
KS1/2 design and technology ; 1
KS1/2 design and technology ; 2
1 online resource (28 min.).
- Classroom management.
Teaching -- Methods.
Design and technology -- Study and teaching -- Great Britain.
- Nonfiction television programs
Instructional television programs.
- This edition in English.
- A common concern in Primary Design and Technology is that learning about principles and processes can be weakened by focusing too much on the quality of the end result.In this programme we see how one teacher sets about a Year 1 class design and technology project on the theme of moving pictures, using the story Handa's Surprise as inspiration.KS1 teacher Teresa Wilton is then joined by Cornwall LEAs D&T Adviser, David Prest, and fellow primary teacher Pauline Hannigan, to watch and comment on key moments filmed over the two days of the project. They discuss how to best ensure the end result does not become the main focus of the task, and how to ensure that the processes of designing, making and evaluating are given the prominence needed.
This programme explores one approach to teaching systems and control. The theme is Virtual Pets , which KS2 teacher Pauline Hannigan delivers over a 3 day period to her mixed Year 5/6 class.After the project, Pauline, together with Cornwall LEA D&T Adviser David Prest, and fellow primary teacher Teresa Wilton, look back at footage filmed during the 3 days. They discuss which aspects of the project they feel other teachers can draw upon in their own classrooms.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
- Alexander Street Press.
Available Light Productions. , Producer
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|