The winner [electronic resource] : Jane Brown.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- [London] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2010.
- TAs with talent ; 1
1 online resource (16 min.).
- Teachers' assistants -- Great Britain.
Special education -- Great Britain.
Individualized instruction -- Great Britain.
Singing -- Instruction and study -- Great Britain.
Music in education -- Great Britain.
- Instructional television programs.
- This edition in English.
- In February 2010, a Teachers TV audience voted mother-of-two Jane Brown the Most Talented TA in the UK. She's an HLTA at the Elms Special School on Merseyside, working with students with Down's Syndrome and Asperger's Syndrome. She believes communication is the basis for all learning, achieved by every means possible. Jane leads the training of TAs, teachers and parents in Makaton, a simplified sign language and one of the principal forms of interaction throughout the school. Mostly she works on her own, with targeted pupils from nursery age to nineteen. With pre-verbal children she focuses one on one, using physical contact and symbols to tease out the first glimmer of a response. Older students speak and sign in lively group sessions she's designed to improve their confidence and conversation. But the highlight of Jane's job is her work with the choir. She teaches young people of all abilities the signs to their favourite songs, joining in as they sing their hearts out.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (VAST: Academic Video Online). Available via World Wide Web.
- Alexander Street Press.
Evans Woolfe (Firm) , Producer
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|