Transforming the maths room [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- [London] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2005.
- All change ; 11
1 online resource (28 min.).
- School environment.
Classroom -- Design and construction.
Schools -- Design and construction.
- Instructional television programs.
- This edition in English.
- The magazine series helping to improve the school environment. In this episode the All Change team transform a maths room at Woodway Park Secondary School, Coventry The maths classroom is used to teach students aged from 7 to 11 and the challenge for Architect Marco da Cruz's design was to enable the space to be flexible enough to teach across all age groups. This is achieved by using colour coding to give the department a stronger identity inspired by mathematical models of curves and hyperbolic functions. The programme also features a classroom of the future build at St Francis of Assisi Primary School in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. Through money from the government, the school have built one of the most inspiring classrooms in the country, a futuristic pod designed by Studio E Architects. We also feature a Building Schools for the Future exemplar primary schools design by Sarah Wigglesworth : the Big Rug School.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (VAST: Academic Video Online). Available via World Wide Web.
- Alexander Street Press.
Maverick Television (Television network) , Producer
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|