Problems with personnel [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- [London] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2005.
- Just for governors ; 20
1 online resource (14 min.).
- School board members -- Great Britain.
Sex discrimination -- Great Britain.
- Instructional television programs.
- This edition in English.
- Useful information, advice, and discussion especially for governors. A panel of school governors discuss their legal responsibilities in relation to a series of events in a hypothetical school. After watching a series of reconstructions their job is to debate just where the duties of the school governors lie. Keeping a close eye on the discussion is governor expert Paul McGann, who provides advice and guidance along the way.The programme will be of value to governors who are keen to understand more about their role and how to act in the best interests of their school.The team debate their duties towards members of staff. A teacher complains about sexual discrimination after the head questions their performance in the classroom. The panel question exactly what are the right procedures to follow as the case develops into a potential dismissal. Finally the team discuss just what is the governors role for setting the right kind of ethos and culture within a school.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (VAST: Academic video online). Available via World Wide Web.
- Alexander Street Press.
Real Life Productions. , Producer
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|