Recognizing child abuse [electronic resource] : sexual abuse.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- Millis, MA : Aquarius Health Care Media, 2008.
- Counseling and therapy in video, volume 2
1 online resource (14 min.)
- Child sexual abuse.
- This program focuses on the various aspects of sexual abuse. Included are an overview and definition of sexual abuse, and the many ways that sexual abuse occurs, including incest, molestation, exhibitionism, child pornography and child prostitution. Discussed in detail are the specific methods that abusers utilize with their victims, including grooming and ways of pressuring of children into sexual activity. Also described are actual physical signs of sexual abuse, and with ways of identifying suggestive behaviors in both victims and their suspicious caretakers. Finally, this program addresses the important obligation and logistics of reporting sexual abuse when working in health and social services.The three-part series, Recognizing Child Abuse, is designed to inform those providing care and service to others and how to recognize the signs of child abuse and what actions they need to take if abuse is suspected.
- Originally released as DVD.
Title from resource description page (viewed Apr. 29, 2011).
- Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|