Primary/secondary transition [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- [London] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, [20--?]
- Get physical ; 9
1 online resource (14 min.).
- Physical education and training -- Great Britain.
Inter-school cooperation -- Great Britain.
- Instructional television programs.
- This edition in English.
- Three schools show just some of the steps they have taken to make the primary/secondary transition in PE a smooth and positive experience.A gymnastics specialist based at The Manor School, Mansfield, works in local primary schools. Her aim is to improve continuity between the school and local primary schools, benefiting pupils and teachers alike. In King's Lynn, a playground leaders training scheme based at the local specialist sports college is one way in which links are forged between primary and secondary schools. Comberton Village College in Cambridgeshire has implemented a package of measures to ease transition. They include professional development for primary school teachers; improving communication between the primaries and the college; sports festivals and development camps for primary school children held at the college; and addressing practicalities, such as access to transport.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (VAST: Academic video online). Available via World Wide Web.
- Alexander Street Press.
ITV (Firm) , Producer
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|