Need to know. 3, Education white paper [electronic resource] : Ofsted and accountability.
- Other Title:
- Education white paper : Ofsted and accountability
Academic Video Online.
- [England] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2010.
1 online resource (7 min.).
- School management and organization -- Great Britain.
Educational tests and measurements -- Great Britain.
Educational accountability -- Great Britain.
- Instructional television programs.
- This edition in English.
- The white paper puts an emphasis on direct accountability for schools, meaning heads will need to offer more information to parents to allow them to assess and compare schools' performance. The role of Ofsted will become narrower and although outstanding schools can expect to see far less of the inspectors, the balance of pupils' attainment and progress will be carefully calibrated to judge schools' success. There will be reform of the performance tables, getting rid of the CVA (Contextually Value Added) measure, and a much more rigorous interpretation of the GCSE benchmark of five A*-C grades, will be introduced. Mike talks to schools and education leaders on what the proposals will mean for them.
- Title from resource description page (viewed April 8, 2015).
- Alexander Street Press.
Independent Television News (Great Britain) , Producer
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|