Using phonics in a reading strategy. 4, Parent participation [electronic resource] / produced by Cornucopia Productions Ltd, in Using Phonics in a Reading Strategy.
- Other Title:
- Using phonics in a reading strategy : parent participation
Academic Video Online.
- [England] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2010.
1 online resource (8 min.)
- Reading -- Phonetics -- Study and teaching (Primary) -- Great Britain.
Early childhood education.
- Instructional television programs.
- This edition in English.
- The second video from Hill Mead features a Year 2 class and Teacher Christina Huszar who, like Ashley Malekmian, was recently judged ?Outstanding? by the School Improvement Partner for her delivery of literacy. Here we see her teach phonics using their own scheme with an emphasis on how phonics knowledge is applied creatively to support reading with understanding as well as writing. Christina explains how the activities allow for differentiation and describes the advantages of working in mixed ability groups. Deputy Head Becky Lawrence suggests that many children don?t make sense of what they are reading despite being good decoders. She explains their approach at Hill Mead that integrates phonics teaching with work on comprehension that develops a love of books.
- Title from resource description page (viewed May 9, 2014).
- Dickey, Ben. , Director, Producer
Alexander Street Press.
Cornucopia Productions Ltd. , Production company
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|