Data handling [electronic resource] : a secondary and a primary example.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- [England] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2009.
- Better learning with ICT - case studies ; 5
1 online resource (8 min.).
- Educational technology.
Information storage and retrieval systems.
Information storage and retrieval systems -- Education.
- Nonfiction television programs
Instructional television programs.
- This edition in English.
- This film shows two examples of how teachers are using technology to enhance data handling in the classroom. At St Mary's C of E Primary School in Kent, Colette Cotton is using a variety of data handling software with her Yr5 class. Colette uses data gathered by schools from all over the world and recorded on www.superclubsplus.com as part of the World Weather Watch project. The class is tasked with taking the raw data from a spreadsheet and turning it into easy-to-understand graphs using 2 Calculate, 2 Investigate and Text Ease Starting Graph. Chris Henderson at saltash.net community school in Cornwall, takes his Yr8 Science lesson out of the classroom to gather data from the school's pond and livestock yard. The students use data loggers which plug into laptops allowing the data gathered to be transferred directly into an Excel spreadsheet. The software converts the data into instant graphs for the students to interpret once they re back in the classroom.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (VAST: Academic video online). Available via World Wide Web.
- Alexander Street Press.
Illumina Digital. , Producer
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|