St John's Catholic Primary [electronic resource] : green in the city.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- [London] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2010.
- Great green schools ; 4
1 online resource (7 min.).
Environmentalism -- Study and teaching.
Recycling (Waste, etc.).
- Instructional television programs.
- This edition in English.
- How a London Docklands primary has embraced environmental issues across the curriculum while making sure green means fun. With aircraft going overhead every 30 seconds, St John's Catholic Primary in Rotherhithe is a perfect example of how the next generation can be taught to save the environment no matter how much the present one attempts to ruin it. It began at the school just two years ago when an environmental week was embraced so enthusiastically that every week became green week. The environment is embedded in class work by allocating each year group a theme to study such as conservation or the three Rs - Recycle, Reuse and Reduce. Children also get chance to plant, tend and eat their own fruit and vegetables. Green also means fun with events such as fashion parades featuring outfits home made out of recycled materials. A finalist in the How Green is Your School Teachers TV competition.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (VAST: Academic Video Online). Available via World Wide Web.
- Alexander Street Press.
Maverick Television (Television network) , Producer
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|