Governor training [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- [England] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2008.
- Just for governors ; 1
Education in video
1 online resource (18 min.).
- School board members -- Training of.
- Instructional television programs.
Nonfiction television programs
- This edition in English.
- The National Governors Association is lobbying for the introduction of compulsory induction training for new governors. In the light of this, three new governors review different types of induction training which are currently available. Annette Fisher tries a paper-based course, First Certificate in Governance , Nonye Chidomere works through Modern Governor , a new e-learning course, and Steve Pike attends a local authority training course. Annette and Nonye find their courses to be useful introductions which take only an hour or so to complete. But they recognise that they aren't substitutes for the in-depth, face-to-face local authority training to which Steve devotes two evenings.Judith Bennett, chair of the National Governors ssociation, adds her comments on the different courses and reiterates the point that, in order to be effective as a governor and to have confidence in the role, induction training is essential.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (VAST: Academic video online). Available via World Wide Web.
- Alexander Street Press.
Illumina Digital. , Producer
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|